“Beware the greedy hand of government, thrusting itself into every corner and crevice of industry.” — Thomas Paine (1737-1809)
Sure, the government will tell us they need to push this health care plan right on through because it’s what we need. We can’t have little kids without armpits running around uninsured now, can we? Poor little Sally Muckenfuch has no eyelids AND no insurance. It’s horrifying. So quick! Pass this 1,000 page legislation before anyone can think about it! In the off chance you do want to think about it and find out what this plan really means — and what it’s really about — see Glenn’s review of the plan. ( Transcript)
If you’re worried about how complicated a government run healthcare system will be — don’t worry, this handy flow chart should help.
Glenn reads through just a few of the thousands of personal stories regarding the new health care proposals, and the pattern is clear: this Health Care plan is a job killing machine. Read the stories from radio today. (Transcript)
I wrote some letters to my U.S. Representatives in the house and the senate. Here’s what I had to say:
Please introduce DownsizeDC.org’s “One Subject at a Time Act” (OSTA). You can find the text of the legislation here:http://www.downsizedc.org/osta-legislation.shtml
When things like the Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid filing a hate crimes amendment to the Defense Authorization Bill come up, I can help but feel outraged by such underhanded idiocy. What does a Defense Authorization Bill have to do with Hate Crimes (Aren’t all crimes hateful in some way already anyway)? If we could only find some way to keep such things from happening, such as requiring the title of a bill to actually describe it’s contents, and forbid anything from being in the bill that doesn’t match the title.
You don’t need to redesign the American health care system in one giant step. Instead, please start by passing a law that would permit me or my employer to purchase health insurance regulated by other states. This would make major medical coverage affordable for millions of Americans, by allowing people to sidestep the special interest coverages mandated in many states. (Canned statement by DownsizeDC).
Less government involvement in Health care is the real answer, not total control. You can’t fix a problem by making it bigger, any more then you can fix a blotted government by giving it more control and power over the people.
I am aware that the federal government has future unfunded liabilities estimated at $101 trillion. Please stop ignoring this problem. Please start reducing spending now. Balance the budget now. And start retiring the debt now so you can stop spending so much of my tax money on interest charges. (Canned Statement by DownsizeDC)
Replacing Medicare with “Universal Health Care” will not solve this problem. It will only make it much much worse. It will destroy our republic which I love so dearly.
Aren’t all crimes hateful? They why do we need a separate law that tries to determine what we are thinking or feeling while committing a crime? Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) filed a hate crimes amendment to the Defense Authorization Bill. Please don’t let him get away with this underhanded backdoor dealing that messes with our Nations Heros ability to do their job.
- Sonia Sotomayor has been giving lip service to make her self appear like a Justice that would truly uphold the constitution; however, her actions tell a different story:
- She claims to be opposed to using other countries’ laws, however, just last April she stated that “nothing in the American legal system stops us from considering the ideas that (international) law can give us.”
- She agreed with Chairman Pat Leahy that the 2nd Amendment was an “individual right”; however, she was part of a judicial panel that ruled the 2nd Amendment does not apply to states and that it is not a “fundamental right.”
- Ms. Sotomayor said that judges should not “prejudge,” despite her statement in 1994 that “prejudices are appropriate”.
- Sen. Kohl falsely stated that Ms. Sotomayor was overturned by the Supreme Court only three times. In truth seven of her decisions have been overturned–three in this year alone!
- Justice Sotomayor is not fit to serve on the Supreme Court. Please do not confirm her nomination.
I would encourage everyone to wright their representatives with their own thoughts and ideas. All this only took me a few hours to research compose and send. Doing that even just once a month, or even better, once a week, would make a big difference in letting our representatives know we are watching them, and make us much better educated voters so we can take our country back. It is after all a government, for, of and by the people. If We the People aren’t involved then we have only ourselves to blame.